FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS
For programs offered by the federal and provincial governments related to Career Planning, please refer to the links below:
To be eligible for participation in the below mentioned federal programs, you must be an unemployed individual ("insured participant") as defined by Section 58 of the Employment Insurance Act. This means that you are an individual for whom:
- an unemployment benefit period has been established or has ended within the 36 months (3 years) prior to the date of requesting assistance; or
- a benefit period that included a maternity or parental claim has been established within the 60 months (5 years) prior to the date of requesting assistance, after which you remained out of the labour market in order to care for a newborn or newly adopted child and are now seeking to re-enter the labour force. Other criteria may apply.
- Skills Development - The Skills Development program provides a negotiated amount of financial support for skills training to Employment Insurance eligible individuals.
- Job Creation Partnerships - (JCP) employment benefit is a program designed to support projects that will provide work experience for Employment Insurance recipients.
- Targeted Wage Subsidy - The TWS program assists Employment Insurance eligible individuals experiencing difficulty in finding work to benefit from on-the-job work experience.
- Education and Training Service for You - Service Canada
- Employment Service for You - Service Canada
To be eligible for support individuals will:
- Be receiving or eligible to receive income support benefits
- Be interested in, or ready to return to work but may require work supports and services;
- Be non E.I. eligible which is defined as:
- Currently not receiving E.I. benefits:
- Have not received E.I. benefits within the last three years; or
- Have not received E.I. maternity or parental benefits within the last five years.
- Employment Counselling Services (for eligible clients)
- Labour Market Agreement for Persons with Disabilities (LMAPD)
- Employment (wage subsidy) Programs
- Community Partnerships
- Youth Services